1. Open the Echo360 software and find the name of the capture you wish to publish.
2. Click on the “Publish Recording” button for the capture you wish to publish.
3. Log in with your user name and password.
Note: If you receive an error message after attempting to log in, make sure you are not using the GuestNet wireless network. If you are on the Georgetown campus, please use SaxaNet instead.
4. Enter a title for your lecture capture.
5. Choose the course to which to publish the lecture capture.
6. Choose an output type. Usually you will want to use the default group, Display Only (Podcast/ Vodcast/ Echoplayer). Balanced between file size and quality.
7. Click on the blue “Publish” button.
8. You should see that your lecture capture has been “queued” to publish.
9. Once publishing is complete, you can view the progress of your capture’s upload under the Monitor tab at lecturecapture.georgetown.edu.
10. If published to Blackboard, the capture will be queued to process on the Echo360 service. Please note that this may take up to twenty-four hours. Once the capture has been processed, a link to it appears in our Blackboard course site, where it will be published in the folder called “Lecture Captures,” if you have created one. Courses published to your SPACE will be stored at lecturecapture.georgetown.edu, and Blackboard will not link to them.
11. If you create a Blackboard menu folder entitled “Lecture Captures”, links to the Echo captures will appear there. Otherwise, links to Echo captures will appear in the “Documents” folder of your Blackboard course site.